Notably internet connection is rampant, companies are producing gadget hosting internet both wireless and wired. This has increased purchase of the routers for home use and offices use. They are affordable compared to the early year where not all homes could access internet.
We have variety of routers from different companies and all over the world. India is also a leading manufacturer of routers from their Telecom companies. Today we take on wireless router which is an American origin from Belkin international Inc. The company manufacturer a lot of electronic gadgets and also internet based products.
We shall have several ways to setup the router. Where you can connect all your devices to share the same internet. Belkin is a high-speed internet router and can be used for home or in small business.
Using the Belkin setup disc
- First disconnect the router and internet modem from the power source.
- Using an Ethernet cable connect the Belkin router to your modem. Connect the cable to the Ethernet port and router’s WAN/internet port. Check not to connect on the wrong ports.
- Now connect the router and modem to power source.
- Pick your disk which comes with the Belkin router to your dick drive of your computer.
- The disk is named as Belkin easy install wizard software. The PC will show it on the screen after you install it.
- Select run the disk and some instruction will show on the screen.
- You have to enter a password and username which will assist you in connecting to all home devices.
- On the screen look for a “finish” button it will be located at the last page of the setup wizard.
- In few minutes the system will give notification about Belkin router is successfully connected.
- Disconnect your router and modem from the power source.
- Take the Ethernet cable and connect the modem to your Belkin router. Check carefully on the Ethernet port and the WAN/internet port.
- After this connect back to the internet both the Belkin router and the modem.
- Take another Ethernet cable and connect it to your PC from the Belkin router. This will help in direct connection of the computer and the router.
- Now on your computer open the web browser and type 192.168.2.1 which is the IP address. The router homepage will show on your screen.
- Select the login button.
- The system will ask for password, don’t fill any detail select the submit button.
- A new page appears indicated internet WAN, here enter the type on connection
- Choose from the list your internet connection type and the select the next button.
- In this case choose the Dynamic connection is the most used by internet service providers.
- Fill in all the internet details then select the apply changes.
- After entering all the details ensure the status of the internet connection says you are connected.
- Now Belkin router is well connected.
With this method you can have successful internet connection to all your devices. ensure to check the ports well in order to have internet. Ethernet cable should go to their ports which will be indicated using different colors.